Tree of the Year 2021
This year, Tree of the Year is moving to social media. Vote for your #TreeoftheWeek via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Credit: Tessa Chan / WTML
Credit: Aidan Maccormick / scotlandbigpicture.com / WTML
Credit: Marc Zytynski / WTML
Tree of the Year is the annual hunt to find the UK’s favourite tree. In 2021 the competition is changing.
The Woodland Trust is now running a weekly #TreeoftheWeek competition for people to share the trees they treasure. Whether it’s a life-long companion tree or just an interesting tree you spotted on your way to the shops - we want you to share your special trees with us in social media using #TreeoftheWeek.
Our expert team of tree appreciators will choose a winner each week at 1pm on Friday. At the end of the year we’ll create a shortlist of special trees and ask the public to help us choose Tree of the Year for the UK. The winning tree will be entered into a Europe-wide competition the following year.
- Enter your tree for our weekly competition by midnight on Thursday each week.
- Share your tree with us in social media (Twitter, Facebook or Instagram) using #TreeoftheWeek and don’t forget to tag @WoodlandTrust.
- Tell us the location of your tree.
- Send us a photo of your tree. If your tree has a story, please share it with us too.
- Any type of trees can be entered - even dead ones.
As we’re a UK charity, we’ll pick a winner from the UK but if you want to share trees with us from elsewhere that’s okay - we'd still love to see them.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Tree of the Year' as the subject line.