Woodland Walks podcast with Adam Shaw - Loch Arkaig
For the latest episode of the Woodland Walks podcast, I explored the wilderness of Loch Arkaig Pine Forest - one of Scotland's remaining fragments of native Caledonian pinewood. It lies within an iconic landscape of sparkling lochs fringed by mountains, full of rare wildlife and flora.
Over land and loch, I met site manager Steve Morris, raptor expert Lewis Pate, project manager Jessica Maxwell and other custodians of this truly astonishing landscape.
Credit: John MacPherson / WTML
New to the podcast?
Don’t miss our previous episodes, including:
- England’s largest new native wood at Heartwood
- Loch Arkaig, an ancient Scotland pine forest
- how trees are making a difference on a Nottinghamshire farm
- Ben Shieldaig, a great example of Scotland’s rainforest
- the urban woods and trees of Leeds
- Joyden’s Wood, a tranquil ancient wood close to London
- the Trust’s largest site in England – Smithills Estate
- the ambitious Northern Forest planting project
- the new young people’s forest at Mead
- fascinating staff stories
- a tour of our president Clive Anderson's garden
- special tree-themed interviews with celebrities including Steph McGovern, Tracy Chevalier, Dan Snow, Kathy Clugston, Alastair Campbell, Adrian Chiles and Cressida Cowell.
Please subscribe to the podcast if you want to hear more adventures in the woodlands of the UK and don’t forget to rate us or leave a review!
I am keen to hear from you as well – so if you have a favourite woodland walk, do tell me about it in a short email or if you can, make a 5 minute or so recording of your own walk and we may feature your woodland walk in a future podcast.
I’ll be off on another woodland walk next month. Hope you can join me.
Explore our woods
We care for over 1,000 woods, keeping them open for you to explore and enjoy. We want to inspire a love for woods and trees for generations to come.
Find a wood near you
Search thousands of woods across the UK and gather information on the local facilities, features, wildlife and history in the area.
A Woodland Trust Wood
Loch Arkaig Pine Forest
Meet the people behind our work: Loch Arkaig
A Woodland Trust Wood