Fazakerley Hospital or University Hospital Aintree as it is called today has had many names and prior to being bought by the City Council in 1898, it was part of the Harbreck Estate. This included a medium sized country house, farms and cottages. A walk through the beautiful Bluebell Woods reveals some of the areas past. Fazakerley Brook, a tributary of the River Alt, meanders through the trees and the old stone bridge is hardly noticeable in the rush of the present day traffic. There was plenty of land at the Fazakerley site and five years later, the City Hospital was opened.