2.78 ha (6.87 acres)

Grid reference:


A small town centre wood of great charm and utility. Streams flowing from the moors were harnessed to provide power for bleachworks and other industries at the start of the Industrial Revolution. The stream starts south of Wilderswood, passes through Wilderswood Mill (closed in 1898 and demolished in 1911), and ends at the Old Station Park in the town centre, formerly the site of Horwich Station (closed in 1965 as a result of the 'Beeching Axe'). Species include beech, oak and hazel.