The Beam Heath is the ancient common lands of Nantwich which lay to the north and east of the town on both sides of the Middlewich Road from the Barony to the Rising Sun Inn. The heath has a long and interesting history and was available to the town's people for grazing their animals from ancient times. The heath was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 and in local documents over the years. A very small woodland of a few mature trees but mostly new planting. There is parking and picnic tables for the convenience of visitors.