Reduce your school's CO2 emissions
Save all your favourite Woodland Trust content in one place.Find out more about Scrapbook
High CO2 emissions are harmful to the environment and contribute to climate change. There are lots of things you can do to reduce your school's emissions.
Your school can earn one point on the Green Tree Schools Award if you complete any of the following:
- Produce a school travel plan to encourage walking, cycling, bus travel and car sharing.
- Participate in Walk to School Week.
- Reduce energy consumption, for example:
- Switching off lights
- Switching to energy-saving lightbulbs
- Closing doors
- Turning off radiators instead of opening windows
- Not leaving computers and TVs on standby
- Closing curtains at night to keep heat in
How to claim your point
Register or log onto the Green Tree Schools Award and go to the available activities tab. Click on the add link alongside this activity and tell us you have reduced your school's CO2 emissions.
One point will be automatically added to your account.