Binley WoodsView Wood
Brandon Wood lies about 6 km east of Coventry and covers a total area of 178 acres. It was quoted in the Doomsday Book as woodland in 1086 and is now a designated Planted Ancient Woodland Site (PAWS). Since 1981 it has been maintained and improved by voluntary workers from the Friends of Brandon Wood and is now reverting to natural broad-leaved woodland. Nationally, it is the first designated Community Woodland and was purchased from the Forestry Commission in 2000 by the Friends.