Marks & Spencer
Stand up for trees every time you shop.
Marks and Spencer customers can protect the UK’s trees and woods with every single purchase. By signing up to the Sparks members club, they can select the Woodland Trust to receive a donation from M&S with every transaction.
What we’ve achieved:
- £90,000 received in Sparks donations and counting – enough to plant 36,000 trees.
- Raising awareness of the importance of native woods and trees, the Woodland Trust and our vision among six million Sparks members and M&S’ wider customer base.
How it works:
- Sparks members can nominate the Trust to receive 1p from M&S every time they use their Sparks card or shop online – it’s as simple as that. Find out more about Sparks
Transforming old into new:
Our partnership with M&S dates back to 2008, when we came together for a Christmas card recycling scheme that saw M&S plant a tree with the Woodland Trust for every 1,000 cards recycled in its stores during January.
Coming to an end in 2017, the project was a huge success:
- Almost 51.5 million Christmas cards recycled
- 51,500 trees planted
- More than 1,685 tonnes of paper potentially saved from landfill
- Helped M&S on the way to becoming a zero net-waste organisation
We all need trees. Help us make the UK a better place for people and wildlife.