From the banks of the Severn to the rugged hills of north Yorkshire, we’re working with The Co-operative Bank to give its customers the opportunity to stand up for trees.
Since 2007, the Bank and its customers have donated over £500,000, helping us to plant millions of trees and restore thousands of hectares of irreplaceable ancient woodland.
Here are just a few examples of the work this support helps to make possible:
- The removal of conifers from Nidd Gorge, North Yorkshire, making space for iconic native species like oak, birch and bluebells to return.
- Working with farmers to reduce flood risk through tree planting on the flood-blighted banks of the River Severn, creating new wildlife habitats and supporting crop production in the process.
- Giving children the opportunity to explore nature through tree planting and woodland discovery days.
How it works:
- Since 2016, eligible Co-operative Bank current account holders can choose to support the Trust through the Everyday Rewards scheme, donating the monthly cash rewards they receive for everyday banking activity. Around £20,000 has been donated so far.
- From 2007 to 2017, the Bank offered Woodland Trust credit cards, donating 25p for every £100 spent per card. Over £361,000 was donated in total.
- From 2014 to 2016, the Bank’s Switch 125 campaign gave customers who switched to a Co-operative Bank current account the chance to select the Trust to receive a £25 donation from the Bank, raising almost £80,000 in total. Learn more about Everyday Rewards with Co-op Bank.