Letting in the Light: Ancient Woodland Restoration
Ancient woodland is one of our most precious habitats. This workshop for owners of ancient woodland or plantation on ancient woodland will introduce approaches to improving the management of these irreplaceable habitats.
Trelaske Wood, near Launceston, Cornwall
Credit: Rob Daulby / WTML
Join the Woodland Trust for an introduction to managing and restoring ancient woodland. Woodland Trust outreach advisor, Mick Bracken, will talk through how to identify remnant features and what work is needed to protect and restore these precious woods.
Iain Turner of Wealden Heartwood Enterprises Ltd has been working with Mick and the woodland owner at Trelaske for five years. He will lead a guided walk to demonstrate the work on the ground and will be able to answer questions on practical management.
This workshop will outline the Woodland Trust’s guidance and provide signposting to more information, funding and support.
The day will also cover the following topics:
- UKFS requirements on ancient woods
- Ancient Woodland (AW) assessments within the Woodland Management Plan
- How we work with consultants (paid work)
- Funding options
The event is open to owners of ancient woodland or plantation on ancient woodland with 2 hectares or more of ancient woodland.
This is event is being held twice, please book for the 20 or 21 October.
Please dress appropriately for the weather and the activity.
Refreshments and a pasty lunch are provided.
When and where
- Date: Wednesday 20 or Thursday 21 October, 9.30am-2pm.
- Price: Free, but donations to support the management of our woodlands are welcome.
- Location: Trelaske Wood, near Launceston, Cornwall
- Dogs: Dogs are not allowed at this event.
- Access: The workshop includes a short walk along forestry tracks.
- Parking: Parking is available at the wood.
How to book
To book, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Contact phone number
- Company or organisation if relevant
- Which date you would like to book on
- Number of places
- Dietary requirements
- Tell us briefly about your wood to help us tailor the event E.g. size, location, and tree species
This workshop is funded by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.