Woodland walks podcast with Adam Shaw - The Young People's Forest at Mead, Derbyshire
From schools to Explorer Scouts, Youth Forum to local residents. For this podcast we're at the Young People’s Forest at Mead in Derbyshire.
Join me on one of Mead's tree planting days to find out how young people are leading the transformation of 400 acres of ex coalmining land by planting 250,000 trees.
We meet Emily Moore, our first ever youth development manager, and the people on the ground who are shaping the future of this amazing place as part of the #iwill campaign.
Hear about our optimistic and pioneering plans, from badger gates to compostable tree guards, and I get to plant a tree along the way.
Don't miss our previous episodes
Visit some amazing woods around the UK from the comfort of your own living room with our Woodland Walks podcast series.
- Heartwood - the largest new native woodland in England.
- Loch Arkaig - the wilderness of an ancient pine forest, set among lochs and mountains.
- Trees on farms - how trees are making a difference for one Nottinghamshire farmer.
- Ben Shieldaig - a great example of Scotland’s rainforest and the Trust’s first mountain!
- Urban trees - discover the urban woods and trees of Leeds.
- Joyden's Wood, Kent - a tranquil ancient woodland right on London’s doorstep.
- Smithills Estate - an enormous, rugged landscape with a mosaic of valuable habitats and far-reaching views.
I am keen to hear from you as well – so if you have a favourite woodland walk, do tell me about it in a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you can, make a five minute or so recording of your own walk and we may feature your walk in a future podcast.
I’ll be off on another woodland walk soon. Hope you can join me. And if you want to hear more adventures in the woods you can subscribe to the podcast.