Dedicate a tree
By making application to our Dedicate a Tree Scheme, you acknowledge and confirm your agreement with our Terms and Conditions as set out below.
Any online application for Dedicate a Tree submitted by you shall only be deemed to be accepted by the Woodland Trust until your donation has been correctly processed by Secure Trading, or a correctly completed cheque or postal order as been received for applications by post. You, the donor, shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the details provided on the order form. We may contact you to request further information to enable your order to be evaluated or processed.
Dedicate a Tree packs
The contents of the Dedicate a Tree pack may differ slightly from the images shown. We reserve the right to substitute a replacement card/certificate in event that the one selected is no longer available.
The Woodland Trust is unable to allocate a particular species for a specific dedication. Our woods contain a wide variety of native broadleaf trees and with your certificate you will receive an Information Sheet for your selected wood which will include a map of the wood showing the approximate area where the trees are dedicated as well as detailing some of the species planted. In order to keep our woods as natural as possible, the dedicated trees, will not be marked or labelled in any way.
Donations by credit or debit card
When you apply to Dedicate a Tree under these Terms and Conditions, your donation will be charged to the debit card or credit card account provided by you on the application form, whether you apply online or by completing the application form in one of our Dedicate a Tree leaflets. By placing an application for Dedicate a Tree, you, the donor, consent to your donation being charged to your debit card or credit card account as provided on the order form.
By Dedicating a Tree you are making a donation to the Woodland Trust which is not subject to VAT. Once the transaction is complete, regrettably it cannot be refunded.
Dedicate a Tree packs are sent by 2nd class post using Royal Mail. There are no delivery charges for these packs, unless you add merchandise from the shop as part of an online order. We aim to despatch Dedicate a Tree packs within 3 working days of receipt of donation. If your dedication is time-sensitive, you may want to check the despatch date with our customer service team by calling 0800 915 1914 Monday to Friday between 8.30 and 17.00.
If you receive goods which are damaged or incorrectly supplied you, please contact our Supporter Care Team on 0800 915 1914 or via the address under Queries and Further Information in the first instance.
All copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in this website and in our promotional leaflets, and any service marks, trade names and brands included in that material belong to the Woodland Trust or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and or third-party licensors. You may make one download or take one copy of the content and other down-loadable items displayed on the website on the condition that the material may only be used for personal non-commercial purposes. Copying or storing the content of the website for non-personal use is expressly prohibited.
Links with third party websites
Third parties may have links to their website via the Woodland Trust website. These are not owned or operated by the Woodland Trust. The Woodland Trust will not be responsible nor liable for the third party’s accuracy, content, information, advertising, services, products or material (including the payment for and the delivery of products or services), nor any subsequent damage, loss, or offence caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with any third party websites. If you access any third party website, you do so at your own risk and you shall be subject to the terms, conditions, warranties and representations associated with such third party websites.
The Woodland Trust may cease implementing the Dedicate A Tree Scheme at any time within its discretion, or from time to time vary, adapt, add or delete all or any part of these Terms and Conditions. Notification of any such amendments shall be noted on the website/online shop. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions will remain in force. English and Welsh law will apply to these Terms and Conditions and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
The Woodland Trust does not own the Dedicate A Tree site in Scotland and is working in collaboration with its partners to provide a fitting tribute and memorial to the First World War centenary. The Woodland Trust is unable to guarantee that the dedicated trees will remain on the site indefinitely, and shall not be liable in the event that the site is utilised for other purposes over the course of time. Whilst the Woodland Trust will use its best endeavours to maintain and protect the dedicated trees at all times whilst the Dedicate a Tree scheme is in operation, we are not obligated to maintain or replace any specifically dedicated trees.
Accuracy of information on our website and in our leaflets
Whilst the Woodland Trust shall endeavour to ensure that the information available on the website/shop and in our leaflets is accurate, we cannot be held liable for any errors or omissions. We shall use all reasonable endeavours to correct errors and omissions as soon as possible upon becoming aware, or being notified. All drawings, descriptive matter and specifications relating to Dedicate a Tree on the website and in our leaflets are for the purposes of an approximate description only. We may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the website, including the availability of any features, information, database or content, or restrict access to parts or the website without notice or liability.
Queries and Further Information
If you require further information or receive a pack which has been incorrectly processed or completed, please refer to the Help and FAQ’s attached, or email us at email@example.com or call 0800 915 1914 Monday to Friday between 8.30 and 17.00.
Help and FAQs
- When will I receive my email certificate? Email certificates are sent as soon as you have submitted your online application, though due to circumstances beyond our control they may occasionally take several minutes or possibly longer before they are delivered to the recipient’s inbox. If you or another intended recipient do not receive the certificate, then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org providing full details of your donation. A copy of your donation confirmation is always helpful.
- What size will my e-mail certificate be if I print it? The size of your email certificate depends on your printer settings. For best results we suggest printing as an A5 certificate.
- How much is delivery? A. All tree dedications are sent with free postage and packing.
- Will you print my name on the certificate? We only print on the certificate the wording you enter for the dedication. The card that comes with the certificate is blank and you can personalise this as you wish. Always ensure that you have completed the certificate wording in your application, as we are unable to forward blank certificates. If you do not complete the wording (only possible if applying by post as the online order cannot be processed without it), we will send a certificate in your name.
- Can I have two trees? You can request any number you wish, whether online through this shop, or by phone by calling 0800 915 1914, Monday to Friday between 8.30 and 17.00. If phoning, please have your words of dedication ready.
- I have dedicated 3 trees. Can I have 3 separate certificates? No, all trees in each donation transaction must be linked to one dedication, certificate and wood. You will need to place three separate transactions for single tree dedications.
- Are the woods all open to the public? Yes, Woodland Trust woods are open free of charge for the public to enjoy.
- I have dedicated trees before and would like the same wood and cannot see it on your list? Please give our Supporter Care Team a call on our Freephone number 0800 915 1914, Monday to Friday between 8.30 and 17.00. We like to be flexible and if there are still trees available in the same wood we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Can I have the address of the wood to put in my satellite navigation system? Woodland Trust woods do not have postal addresses as there is no building on the site. It is therefore not possible for us to provide this for you. We suggest using the nearest road name.
- Will there be signs directing me to the wood? No we do not put any signage on the roads giving directions. You will need to use the Ordnance Survey map to help you locate the wood. Grid references are given on the Information Sheet which accompanies your Dedicate a Tree gift.
- I have made a mistake on my dedication - what should I do? If you applied for your Dedicate a Tree online, lease reply to the automated thank you email you received and tell us what you would like correcting and we will do our best to make the changes before the certificate is produced. If you applied using the application form in our leaflet, please contact the customer service team on 0800 915 1914 Monday to Friday between 8.30 and 17.00. If the certificate has already been completed and the pack already emailed or posted, there may be an charge for a replacement certificate to cover administration costs and postage if applicable.