In your community or school
Why not bring your community together and plant some trees?
We have over 4,000 free tree packs to give away to schools, community and youth groups in autumn. Applications for autumn packs are due to remain open until 4 September 2014
Am I eligible for a pack?
To apply for a free tree pack you must be able to meet the following criteria
- Your group is not-for-profit
- The trees will be planted on a publicly accessible site
- You have permission to plant from the legal landowner
- Your community has been consulted and is supportive of the project
- There will be plenty of community involvement
- Packs are appropriate for the area
- The intended planting site isn't too close to buildings, power lines, roads or other services
- You have identified the grid reference for the planting site
- You are not applying from the Orkneys – If you are situated in the Orkneys and would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org first so that we can offer you some tailored advice on the best species for your area.
Types of pack
Small (30 saplings)
Perfect for creating and small copse or short hedgerow and is ideal as a starter pack or a small project
Medium (105 saplings)
Ideal for planting either in small groups of trees or as a hedge (approx. 30m)
Large (420 saplings)
Create a long hedge (approx. 120m) or if planted as a block of trees, there is sufficient for approximately one acre of land
How do I get a pack?
You can apply online for your pack. Our packs are very popular and all applications will be reviewed independently - unfortunately not all will be successful. We will update this page when we're approaching over-subscription so please check back regularly and apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
The closing date for autumn applications is September 4 2014, but we may close early if oversubscribed.
Packs will be delivered to successful applicants in November 2014
What's in my pack?
We have a range of packs available to order. An information leaflet (PDF, 2.4MB) is available to tell you exactly what comes with your selection. Whatever pack you choose your trees will be young saplings about 20 - 40cm high, sourced and grown in the UK. Protective canes and spirals are not included but are recommended and are available to buy from our online shop
Need more information?
Download our community tree pack guidance document (PDF, 2.4 MB) It's great for handing out at meetings and includes information on:
- Pack contents - including a list of approximate quantities of species per pack
- Eligibility criteria
- Application process
- How to choose the right pack for your situation
- Planting and maintenance
- Green Tree Schools Award Scheme
If you are using Internet Explorer you may experience issues submitting your application, we are aware of this and looking to resolve shortly. We recommend you try again later, or try using an alternative browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.