As an intern at the Woodland Trust you will gain invaluable experience, working on a unique project at a sector-leading organisation.
What is a volunteer internship?
Volunteer Internships are a type of volunteering role that offers people a structured opportunity for career development. Intern roles enable people to gain work experience across different areas of our work. As we are a dynamic organisation developing varied opportunities for new projects on a regular basis, no two internships will be the same. You will therefore be working on a one-off project that will be both of great benefit to the Trust and a clear opportunity for you to develop valuable skills.
What's in it for me?
- Valuable experience with a sector leader and improved career options
- Development of key professional skills
- Supervision, coaching and support throughout the internship
- Increased confidence
- Advice and support on writing your CV and application forms
- An opportunity to network with people working in the sector
“It was really interesting, and I enjoyed being part of a team. It’s also fascinating to see a big charity from the inside. It has also really helped to bring my CV alive after a career break.” Katrin Sefton, Volunteer Intern
Find out more about joining us as an intern by reading our Introduction to Volunteer Internships (PDF, 0.3MB).